Flying Pilates is a fun, new 4Fitness class that blends powerful Pilates moves with a suspended fabric hammock. The hammock safely increases the demand on your muscles, while giving you more control and stability of each movement. It also eases pressure and discomfort on the lower back and tailbone area that can occur in traditional Pilates moves. Finally, the fabric supports you while you gently “fly” through the air holding Pilates positions.
A wonderful workout for the whole body, Flying Pilates is exceptional for strengthening the core, especially abdominal muscles, hips, and glutes. Other advantages of this unique Pilates approach, include:
- Increase in muscle strength and tone
- Balance muscular strength on both sides of your body
- Enhance muscular control of your back and limbs.
- Improve stabilization of your spine
- Improve posture and balance
- Increase physical coordination
- Improved concentration
- Better body awareness
- Stress management and relaxation
- Possible rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances or core weakness
Flying Pilates is offered in regularly occurring scheduled classes, pop-up classes, and private classes. All classes are listed on our classes page. Class size is limited to a maximum of 6 participants, and please register in advance to reserve your spot.